Subsidy for Exchange Activities with Overseas Students
In order to promote exchange between overseas students studying in Kagoshima and citizens in Kagoshima, the association grants a subsidy for exchange activities organized by overseas students associations and organisations which support overseas students.
(1) Organisations which are made up of overseas student members whose status of residence conforms to Article 2-2, Paragraph 2 of the Immigration Control Act, and are qualified as students, graduate students or research students enrolled in a university, a junior college or Kagoshima National College of Technology in Kagoshima Prefecture, which are approved by the universities and colleges.
(2) Organisations which are established to support overseas students, have bylaws governing its members, and clearly define the names of the directors and make accounting practices clear.
Activities covered by the subsidy
(1) Exchange events, publication of newsletters, inspection tours and presentation of research activities, etc. which are organized by the organisations as stated above (1).
(2) Exchange events for overseas students and the citizens of Kagoshima Prefecture organized by the organisations as stated above (2).
* Equal opportunities must be given to wide range of overseas students and the citizens of Kagoshima Prefecture for both of the above activities.
Amount of Subsidy
The amount is decided by the director general within the budget limits for subsidies.
How to Apply
It is required to submit the following documents along with the specified application form. If an overseas students organisation has not been established, the application must be submitted through university.
- Outline of the organisation
- Project Plan
- Budget of balance
- Other documents requested by the director general
* Application must be submitted three weeks prior to the commencement of the activity you are applying for.
Inquiries & Application
Kagoshima International Association
c/o Kagoshima Prefectural Citizens Exchange Center
1F 14-50 Yamashita-cho, Kagoshima City, 892-0816